Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded into a really nice 1952 336 RC in 30-30 a few years ago and am finally digging it out of the safe. I didn't really need it, but I agreed to take it for two reasons; I already had a 1952 39A and a 70's 1894 in 38/357 that I love, and the RC had a pristine waffle top that I thought was kinda cool. I'm realizing now that I probably will never shoot it, so I was going to try and sell it locally. I'm not an expert at pricing these older lever rifles, so I was looking for some help. I didn't pay cash for the gun, so I never really assessed a value to it. I know pictures would be helpful, but I don't have any at this time. I may try and take some this weekend. Any guidance would be appreciated. If location matters, I am in Massachusetts.

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
samandglove1--you have to have 25 posts before selling a rifle on this forum. What are you looking for--advice on rifle value or to sell it here on MO? If the latter is the case--I will have to delete this thread.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!! Prices will vary in different parts of the country!! Around my neck off the woods I would put it in the $350-$400 range!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not interested in selling the rifle on this forum. I'm just looking for some guidance as to how to price it for a local (Mass.) sale. I gave my location because I've seen in some threads that prices for these rifles vary by region.

If this request is improper, please delete.

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
I'm not interested in selling the rifle on this forum. I'm just looking for some guidance as to how to price it for a local (Mass.) sale. I gave my location because I've seen in some threads that prices for these rifles vary by region.

If this request is improper, please delete.
No--your inquiry is legit--I wanted to make sure what your intent was. Prices for older JM Marlins can vary depending on your location. In my locale--beater JM Marlin 336C 30-30 models are going for 500 bucks. At other places they can bring 300-400 dollars. I would look at the LGSs in your area, pawnshops, and the online gun sales sites like GunsAmerica, Gun Broker--etc. That way you can get a better idea of what your Marlin is worth in your area. Welcome to MO!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
The very earlier 50's 336 market is one of the few things I pay attention to in this world. $500.00 is pretty much a top final auction price for a very good Waffle Top RC. Welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
Condition makes a lot of difference in the value. Without pictures it is hard to say. In this area good condition with no special peep sight average $300. to $400.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
samand, I bought a 52 RC .35Rem in 1911 from a fellow in Maryland. I paid 425 delivered to western North Dakota and was happy as was the seller. The gun will go 95%. Hope that gives you an idea to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Dan,
You Must be OLD. You say you bought an 1852 Marlin Back in 1911.
For $425.?........WOW.:hmmmm: Wasnt That a Little Expensive Back Then?
UncleSarge58

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.