Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member with a few questions,

Just picked up a nice rifle at a local gun store, it's a 336R.C. 35Rem built in 1952 as the serial # starts with a J.

What does the R.C. stand for?

Does any one have or know where I can get the plactic butt plate and inner white shim for this rifle?

also missing is the bullseye plug

other than that it's not in bad shape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
887 Posts
Your older rifle requires a buttplate and spacer that is larger than what is on the newer rifles. I always get one of these http://www.vintagegungrips.net/ao-m66a.html and then shape them to fit. They also have the white spacers and screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys,

Just started loading up some ammo for this carbine, just wondering what bullet weight do these older rifles like.

I take it this barrel rifling is not micro groved, or would that matter?

I have some Speer 180gr flat nose that I might try. This bullet weight allways worked well in my contender.

Althought 200gr FN might be better medicine for Black Bear.

Great web site

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
It should have the "ballard" style rifling.

The 180g are said to be good to load and shoot, but the word is that the .35 really shines with the 200g. The slower twistrate also shoots the Hornady LeverEvolution 200g well. I shot mine last weekend and had good groups with both 200gRN and 200g LE. Iron sights at 50yd shot about inch groups.

I recently aquired a .35rem myself and components are arriving daily in the mailbox. I'll be working up loads right along with you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts