Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I have a rare chance to snag a safe queen .35 336 A H prefix rifle. The guy is willing to take 8lbs of powder as trade. I'm having hard time deciding whether it's worth it or not considering the political climate and our future as reloaders. My main issue is, should I take the rifle and hope to order in more of this powder, or keep the powder and possibly never see this rifle in that good of shape again.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Hey all!

I have a rare chance to snag a safe queen .35 336 A H prefix rifle. The guy is willing to take 8lbs of powder as trade. I'm having hard time deciding whether it's worth it or not considering the political climate and our future as reloaders. My main issue is, should I take the rifle and hope to order in more of this powder, or keep the powder and possibly never see this rifle in that good of shape again.

Thoughts?
I bought 4 pounds of powder a few weeks ago shipped at $30.00 a pound. Powder is easier to get than primers but that is not saying much.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I would bet that you will be able to get whatever powder that you have within a year- 18 months from now, but for the equivalent of about $250 of powder for a NICE '51 336A, I would jump on it!
I have a '50 SC that shoots cast very well with it's Ballard rifling.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The rifle, all day!

Easy for me to say...I have a LOT of powder.

But still...say yes to the rifle!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The rifle comes home, hands down. I'm a little more optimistic than some. I think we will recover from this. You'll get more powder.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been watching this rifle sit there for about 5 months. I suppose I will take him up on it, I can get powder from my distros quite often so no biggie there but I just have this odd feeling it's going to be a long, long 4-8 years.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go ahead and place a backorder for your replacement powder, the sooner you do, the sooner it will be replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
A 336 A model in .35 is never going to loose value, where as that powder will eventually be available for a reasonable price.
I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I love my 1952 A model in .35
Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all!

Thoughts?
This is quite a rare opportunity. I would have to get the rifle.

·
Banned
2,162 Posts
I have a 1951 336 in .30-30 and a 1951 39A so if I found a 1951 336 in .35 I'd get it for eight pounds of powder.

BUT!

The posts above need investigating. Some types of powder are selling for $750 per eight pound cans.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'd do the trade so quickly it would be hard to see, and I shoot a lot of powder.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
No brainer, grab the rifle! We've been here before with the panic/hoarding of powder. It'll be back
by the end of the year.

·
Registered
493 Posts
They are making more powder. They will never again make another 336A H prefix in .35 Remington. Can't shoot. Just sit and fondle the rifle until powder becomes available again. 😁

1 - 20 of 20 Posts