Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Well I've officially been bitten by the Marlin bug and am looking at adding a 39A to my collection. I found someone in my area who has their 39a up for sale and wanted to get an idea of what it is worth. I know they are pricey now, but I don't see them going down soon. I'm thinking $850, but I'm relatively new to these levers and was hoping y'all could let me know a ballpark range in terms of price/condition. I know condition is the biggest factor so I brought some pictures! Any info on what to look out for would be appreciated too. Owner says that the bore is perfect. Serial is H 16## (not posting whole number....cause its not mine yet). Thanks for any guidance.

Air gun Grey Wood Line Material property

Wood Tints and shades Everyday carry Hardwood Air gun

Textile Wood Sleeve Couch Rectangle

Gun accessory Wood Door Metal Titanium

Hand Leg Hood Automotive lighting Sleeve

Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Wood Tints and shades Rectangle Automotive exterior Office supplies

String instrument Air gun Wood String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

Revolver Wood Composite material Pipe Human leg

·
Registered
156 Posts
In my area they are approaching 1000.00 in great condition and about 800.00 with normal use and wear when can find them. I would get itas looks to be in very good condition. As you stated do not come up very often.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Agree with the above.

What's that on the left side of the receiver? Looks like masking tape residue. Might help you bring it down a little. And it should clean right off with acetone or brake cleaner.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jeepnut and sanstey

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My only concern is can you afford the ammo to feed the Mountie in the manner to which it would like to become accustomed? ;)

Great rifles. Love to shoot mine.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Back to the original poster, my phone is not letting me see the pictures,but unless its immaculate I would say 850 is too high even in these days for one that doesn't have the peanut.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I just bought one in pretty good shape for $535 + buyers premium and taxes for total of $658. Some very light rust/freckling on the receiver. Wood very good.

Also bought 2 more for under $500. One has dinged up wood the other has a lot of pitting but otherwise solid and functions great.

Your area may be different. around $650 is what I am seeing for the really nice ones.

That one looks very nice. I do not see any screws buggered up. the only thing I see is the over scratched up area on the left side on the reciever and that could be light. I would expect it to be around $700-800.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts