Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 100.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1950 marlin 336sc in .35 rem I have owned for 2 months now. Only shot 2 rounds so far and I’m in love. I was hesitant due to the price but when I held it I had to have it. This rifle is in outstanding condition in my opinion. Very light wear that shows the original owner loved it as much once as I do now. After a short life of use I would say it was kept in a safe untouched for years. I paid $625 for it making it my most expensive gun but also my prized possession. Did I over pay (the answer is no because I’d do it again immediately, just curious
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
34,652 Posts
I'm with Bigdog357!
Very nice, well made Marlin at a good price.
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think you made a fine deal. Good lookin' rifle. Have fun.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
You did good. You should show us a picture of the entire rifle. Does look like it possibly has some nice wood on the butt stock

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Also looks like you are missing the the rear sight elevator

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you "love" the rifle, then the gun is worth what you paid. You'll never know if you've over-paid until, or if you decide the sell the gun.

·
Registered
526 Posts
This day in age that is a super buy in what appears to be fine condition. I have one in .35 and one in .32 special. I love them. I feel lucky that I was able to buy them when I did. It may be harder to find a Williams FP94/36 right now but I suspect you can find a Skinner. Problem with the Skinner on the early ones is the distance between the peep aperture and your eye. The Williams is right there. The reason being that there should not be any holes in the top of the waffle top which the Skinner needs. The Williams attaches to the two pre drilled holes on the side. Don't buy either on ebay because the sellers have no clue what they are selling. Show a package for what you searched for but you wind up buying something that is not correct. Don't ask how I know.

·
Premium Member
12,107 Posts
Nice rifle. I have one a lot like it but the bluing on mine was worn some on the bottom of the receiver where it was carried a lot it seems. Shoots like a dream though. Mine also came with a old Redfield peep sight that was worth 2/3 of the price I paid at the time for the rifle with it attached. Of course that was a number of years ago so they were pretty cheap.

A old Redfield peep on that would be nice but they are pricey when you find them on ebay. Might find a old steel Lyman a little cheaper and they are nice as well. Both would be period correct for that rifle. The receiver is factory drilled for the correct peep sight.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Super nice waffletop in a great caliber. I absolutely agree that it should have a steel receiver sight mounted in the original side tapped holes.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
You absolutely did NOT pay too much - I'd have jumped on it at that price, and I already have a few. It's a beauty - congrats!!!!

1950 marlin 336sc in .35 rem I have owned for 2 months now. Only shot 2 rounds so far and I’m in love. I was hesitant due to the price but when I held it I had to have it. This rifle is in outstanding condition in my opinion. Very light wear that shows the original owner loved it as much once as I do now. After a short life of use I would say it was kept in a safe untouched for years. I paid $625 for it making it my most expensive gun but also my prized possession. Did I over pay (the answer is no because I’d do it again immediately, just curious View attachment 846575 View attachment 846576 View attachment 846577 View attachment 846578 View attachment 846579 View attachment 846579
b

·
Registered
267 Posts
UHHH NO you did not pay too much for it. I may be a little biased though as that is my favorite configuration in my favorite caliber. NICE

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reasonable price in today's market. I have a similar one that I put a william's peep and taller front sight on. It handles well and is pleasant to fire. The 35 hits with a bit of authority too.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Here's my 1950 35 Remington with a side mounted Williams peep sight. I'd pay $625 for a second one in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Estacado
1 - 20 of 23 Posts