Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's one of those snowy, drizzly, bored days so I thought I'd work on my 1949 vintage 336 SC. I started by disassembling per the instructions on this site. I sanded the stocks and applied the first coat of Formby's Tung Oil Finish, Low gloss. Now I'm working on cleaning all of the parts. There's about 62 years worth of grime and nastyness inside. I'm having some trouble with the carrier screw, I believe part #15. It's in there tight and it's soaking in tri-flow right now. Everything else is cleaning up real nice. I'm not pushing out any pins cause I don't have the correct tools for that. I also don't own a dremel so don't worry. I'll probably "POLISH" a few key points but that's about it. I'm not going to try any real gunsmithing on this baby cause it's older than me and who am I to mess with it. I want to respect this rifle. My friend borrowed it to hunt with me and was killed in a car accident so it has sentimental value. We didn't even see a deer but had a great time and it turns out it was the last time we hung out together out of work. Anyway, here's a pic of my mess. I"ll add updates as needed for anyone who cares.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hopefully a very theraputic project with lots of memories. I was also born in 49 so it MUST be old!!!

Enjoy and reflect :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts