Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FFCCFFAA-55C0-495A-9935-FABEA73B553A.jpeg Had this rifle for a couple weeks. Sadly the stock has been replaced and not a great job of fitting done. It is however the smoothest action and best trigger I have ever seen on a Marlin. Accurate too with my 200 grain cast bullets. Taking it hunting this fall!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome to the club! Even though the wood on 36's is considerably less sleek than on it's Daddy the '93, there is something about them. Mine shoot really well, like MOA well with a tang sight and receiver sight. They were well put together, in a time when doing it right was more important than doing it fast, and it shows in the way they cycle and shoot. Enjoy your "A", if you're lucky it might be joined by an RC or SC in the future.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the club! Even though the wood on 36's is considerably less sleek than on it's Daddy the '93, there is something about them. Mine shoot really well, like MOA well with a tang sight and receiver sight. They were well put together, in a time when doing it right was more important than doing it fast, and it shows in the way they cycle and shoot. Enjoy your "A", if you're lucky it might be joined by an RC or SC in the future.[/QUOTE
It is heads and shoulders quality above even my 1970’s JM 336’s. Also it’s missing the original sight but has a steel Lyman military peep with matching Lyman front sight. I didn’t have to work very hard to develop a great shooting load with LVR powder and the NOE version of the rcbs 311-180 mould. Actually weighs 198-200 grains with check and lube out of straight COWW.
I picked up a 1949 336 sc a few months ago and it’s a great rifle too, but I like this 36 A just a little better!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Still looks very nice.:joyman:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts