Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt 70 series 1911 and I want to purchase a 22LR. conversion kit for it. I would greatly appreciate it if I can get some info. from people who have them and use them.

TO NY

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the Ciener conversion with target sights on a lower that I bought through Shotgun news. It is very accurate but not reliable with low power ammo. One of my hunting buddies who shoots bowling pin comp. also has one and loves it .
Bill

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
The one I use the most is a target-sighted Kimber conversion on a Kimber stainless frame and it has proven to be quite reliable and accurate. It will function with standard velocity long rifles, but really perks with high velocity fodder.

I also have a blued Jarvis conversion unit that works well and has a slimmer, lower, slide profile. That unit requires high velocity ammo to function properly, and actually may be more accurate than the Kimber unit. It uses Colt Ace magazines whereas the Kimber requires a proprietary magazine. Sadly, I believe Jarvis no longer offers it.

Be aware that some of the new entries in the rimfire 1911 market, like Chiappia and GSG, sell complete guns for little more than what good conversion units are going for.

Roe

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the Ciener with fixed sights that I use on two different Kimber guns and it works very well with all ammo I put through it. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't lock the slide open after the last shot.
I have shot a friends GSG and I really liked that. If I were to start over again I would go that route. Key

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSG ?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have a colt conversion unit that works very well. They are a bit pricey now though. I had to fit a barrel bushing to it so it would shoot better.

I had a kimber conversion unit. It shot very well but not as good as my Ruger MKII so I sold it.

I have tried several of the units but none shot good as my Ruger MKII's so I never pursued them.

Only accurate guns are interesting.

John

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I have a Kimber conversion. It has a penchant for the high velocity ammo. With that, it will shoot to ~1-1/2" at 25 yards, if I do my part. Standard velocity ammo will shoot a bit more accurately, but not as reliably.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have a Ciener unit and it works great. Its accurate and functions consistently. It acts like a 45 and does everything a 45 does- cheaper and with less recoil.

I am happy with it.

M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts