Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was what seemed to be a nice used 1897CB on gunbroker that had box and looked to be about 99%. Ran that up to $505 and layed off. Probably should have gone more.

·
Registered
455 Posts
6pt-sika said:
Was what seemed to be a nice used 1897CB on gunbroker that had box and looked to be about 99%. Ran that up to $505 and layed off. Probably should have gone more.
I bought a new one about four months ago. I like it very much.

Whats not to like about a Marlin lever 22?

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 1897T , which is for all intents and purposes the same thing with a 20" barrel . But I'd like to have one with the 24" barrel(1897CB) as well. The trigger on my 1897T is quite stiff , and so far I've not fooled with it. But that will most likely change in the near future :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6pt,
Now that you're back in VA I can tell you that I know where there's a brand new, broken 1897 CB just waiting to be fixed by Marlin. It has my name on it and I'm waiting patiently.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
They are neat rifles. I have one of the AWL rifles that Walmart sold several years ago. I bought it as an investment, a buddy told me the price would go up on these. Well it hasn't......My son who is 5 will most likely get it for his 10th birthday to shoot, that is if his ol man doesn't take it out before then and shoot it. It has come close to getting shot a couple times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steelbanger said:
6pt,
Now that you're back in VA I can tell you that I know where there's a brand new, broken 1897 CB just waiting to be fixed by Marlin. It has my name on it and I'm waiting patiently.

Lets see you live in Lycoming County correct ? Next time I come up that way I'll have to meet you for lunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts