Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My state has such crummy gun laws, that I rarely get to help any of my MO brethren. Well today I am in my LGS and they have a very nice 1897 for sale. I think it was $850 but they also have 20% off on it due to a spring sale. That gets it down to $680 which is a pretty good price. If I was not on the hunt for another old .30-30 or a .45-70, I might have grabbed it. PM me for info if you are interested.

John

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi John,

I was shooting at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol last Saturday. When I left I stopped at a little gun store on the corner of Stump Tavern Road. The guy had a 30-30 in nice condition on the shelf for $325.00. Barrel was marked JM and microgrooved. I cannot remember the model number but it wasn't a 336.

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
John
Thanks for the heads up. They told me it should ship tomorrow, on my birthday, how about that.
Tim

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John
Thanks for the heads up. They told me it should ship tomorrow, on my birthday, how about that.
Tim
Tim,
Darn do I feel great. On your BD yet! A lot of people have helped me here, so it was nice to pass something on to someone else! :)
Now We have to look around for a sight for you!
John

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tim,
Darn do I feel great. On your BD yet! A lot of people have helped me here, so it was nice to pass something on to someone else! :)
Now We have to look around for a sight for you!
John
Tim,
How did the 1897 turn out? Did you get a chance to shoot it yet?
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts