Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just found a "new in box unfired" 1895stbl I was wondering what the likely hood of it being new is? The pictures they show seem to be of a 1895, stainless, large loop, extended mag, walnut stock, and forearm 1895. I was under the impression that the stbl wasn't produced for very long and only a very limited run. So I guess that I am sceptical on weather or not it is new or even an stbl. My other fear is that it has quality issues and that is why it sat on the shelf so long.

I really like the look of the walnut stocks on the stainless so my other question is: Is there any where you can find new / used walnut pistol grip stocks and forearm set that will fit a SBL type of 1895. Maybe off of a different model?

Thanks for any help or comments you may have.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
It could happen, let me know where you found it and maybe I can check it out for you. I'll let you know what I think. BTW, how much? :biggrin:

1895gunner

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't doubt but what there are still some new ones out there.
I bought one of them last December, and it was clearly new. It is a good looking rifle........
But it would be best if you could inspect it before accepting it, as it will likely have the REP barrel stamp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would say it is very likely that it is new. Our local Walmart has one. Check it over very closely as many of them show heavy signs of crappy workmanship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts