Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this minty CT made SBL off a member here for my son who's about to graduate High School and just recently picked it up. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.....got to wait for him to go to school and sneak it out and get the scope sighted in! ;D

I took the Bushnell Banner shotgun scope off and put a Leupold scout scope on as soon as I got it......I like the looks of the silver scope on this SBL. I'm going to be making him a safety delete and add a saddle ring real soon. He likes the one I made for my GS so I figure I'd do one up for him too. What ya think?

Before.....with the Bushnell it came with.

After....with the Leupold scout scope.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
I think your son is going to have to find you one heckuva Father's Day gift this year! That's really awesome. Is he the oldest?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awesome graduation gift! That's one lucky kid!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
papajohn said:
I think your son is going to have to find you one heckuva Father's Day gift this year! That's really awesome. Is he the oldest?
;D I'm hearing that!

He is my oldest son, he has 2 older sisters and 1 younger brother. He's a real good kid and deserves it....afterall, he's had to put up with me for 18yrs now! ;D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Steve, this is great!

I hope he holds on to it and passes it down to his son.

I recently inherited (from my Granddad to my Dad, then to me) my Granddad’s Browning A5. He purchased it new in 1919.

You did a good thing here! Proud of the son and his dad!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Well done Steve!!!

That's some nice lookin' wood on there!!!
I like the light tan lams!!! 8)

A very thoughtful gift for your boy indeed!!! :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Dynomite, hope Stevie kills all the big game he goes after with this.
Dad

·
Registered
20,284 Posts
Your son is lucky to have a dad like you and you are lucky to have a son like him! Congrats to you both and sweet rifle!

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Wow Steve what a great graduation present! The hard to find SBL from North Haven, Conn yet! ;D Smart young man having an interest in that old caliber. Wonder how that happened! Better watch Steve he will be shootin up all of your reloads too! ;) Now to bag a big ol bruin with that new gun! You will have to post pics of your boy with that big ol grin on his face holdin that SBL! ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow, Steve!!!!
That is a magnificient graduation present for your son!!!!!!

Congratulations to you and your son!!!

Well done. Well done, indeed!!

Now. . . I got one little question:
Wanna adopt a gray-haired 57 year old!?!?!?!?!? ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lucky boy!
Congratulations to him on graduating; and congratulations to you on having learned how to buy the greatest present in all of history!
:)

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fellas for all the positive comments!

I should mention too, once I give him this rifle I'm going to tell him that it's time he joined and becomes a member of MO's.
This will make him a 3rd generation member of MO's. My dad (S.B.) is also a member...... and posted on this thread.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nice!

I hope all 3 generations get to go use your Marlins this fall.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Great present Steve!
Looks good I like the silver scope been thinking about doing that to my SDG.
I will never forget my graduation present, a canoe trip to canada but those are long long past memories.

My old eyes need a scope is that scope for him or you! ;D

Steve

·
Registered
613 Posts
You had said you were lookin, you did good Dad. Congrats on the gun find and a deserving son! :) ;)

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
Marlinitis..................The Gift that keeps on giving! 8)

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Six, great job. I'm sure your son will love that rifle. Wonder what you will get him if and when he graduates college. A Corvette maybe ;D ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts