Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I guess this was all too much to sell at once, so I'm going to break this down a bit. I'm going to sell the rifle minus a few goodies and the box of leverevolution ammo separately and give the person who buys the rifle first dibs at the components. Once the rifle is gone I'll price out and sell all the components except for the bullets ( I can use those on my 45-70's) separately.
So, here is what you NOW get with the rifle:
1) wood was refinished and given a nice dark stain.
2) a kickeez pad was added to the butt, it's the kind that required cutting, and it wasn't much, but I included the piece that was cut off, I also will include the original butt plate.
3) I uninstalled the Wild West Trigger ($90 value)
4) I uninstalled the Wild west gun bear proof extractor and installed the original extractor ($30 value)
5) Wild west Mag tube carrier is installed, the original carrier is included
6) Leupold Rail and a Picatinny rail are being removed from the deal ($70 value for the pair)
You still get the front sight hood with the pin.
So for the rifle and the box of leverevolution ammo $650 plus shipping.

Now, as for trades, I'll definitely entertain them, but I need to see if WetDog is interested in your trade since this is all going for that Marlin 30-30 cowboy!

Purchaser of rifle gets first dibs on any and all of the following. Just let me know if you want any of it and I'll give you a price. If you don't want it, I'll modify this post to include prices on all the components and the extras.
100 new in the box Hornady standard length unprimed brass
70 once fired brass
20 Hornady LE brass (yes it's shorter) I already separated it out from the regular brass so no worries
Need ammo? I'll include a box of 450marlin Hornady LE
I'll include but you can dissasemble if you choose:
50 rounds of my handloads loaded with 38gr's of IMR-4198 and 300gr JSP,
17 rounds 38gr IMR-4198 405gr LHP
16 rounds 300gr JHP 38gr IMR-4198
If nothing else that's another 80ish brass you can reload. These are all once fired.
Need to assemble them? I'll include the RCBS 3 die set for 450Marlin with an extra extractor pin and the shell holder.

This is what happens when you have a serious case of the Cowboy Marlinitis! :marchmellow:

Just the "J" and a small part of the "M" is visible.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
pssst, hey buddy, your guns cocked. Just saying, Steve.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, cocked it for the down shot on the receiver, never put it back down...hmmmm...now I better go look in the safe to see if I ever let the hammer down! :)
***just got back checking it in the safe, hammer was NOT down**** oh well, one of those days.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Holy good deal on a great amount of everything you'd need!! Bump for the deal!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Very nice gun! Ready to rock and roll!

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
Nice gun, Great package and Price!.....That should not last long, here....Good Luck!

I noticed its PORTED....................Scot needs to see this!

Tom

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Best of luck with the sale of your 450!
I understand what you're saying about the hood, spent about 15 minutes looking for mine the first time I shot my 450mr!

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's a great deal with all the extra's.Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
WOW. Nice work. Nice presentation. Shouldn't last long.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After reading over my original post, I hope I haven't given anyone the impression that this rifle has been beat. It has not, it HAS been hunted, but the wood looks perfect and is stained a nice dark color, the metal has no rust, but it has been scratched and repaired with 44-40 bluing so looking at it you wouldn't notice anything unless you looked real hard, and maybe not even then. This rifle is worth $650 all day long without the upgrades, it has a ton of accessories, I am not all that keen to sell it honestly, I just had it out of the safe to wipe it down and I'm having second thoughts, so if you have any thoughts of grabbing up a big bore rifle do it quick before I change my mind!

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I'm reducing the price by paying for shipping, for all the stuff that comes with this rifle it's well over $100.00. If I don't get enough interest I MAY reduce it again, but I'm going to start pulling items out of the deal. Here's your chance to own a great rifle in a great caliber and you won't need to go chasing after components! This deal is good till Sunday 3/30/14. We'll see how it goes from there.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to give this one more week, if no one wants it all I'll pull this add and do something else to get the cowboy I want! I'll be out of town till Friday, so plenty of time to think on it!
mazer

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Mods! You can lock this thread, I'll start another with a different thread title since I've radically changed the deal I'll just copy and paste and start new!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.