• NO! NO! NO!

Votes: 1 6.7%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1895m... Finished!

Finished pictures are at post 14 on page two :)

I wonder what would happen if I took this:

and these:

and this:

and threw them in a blender???

So what do you think? Should we find out, or is it one of those things... You know, one of those things that we can do but probably shouldn't...

-Bob

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
You could just get a Big Loop Lever for a straight stock, if thats what your after. However, if you prefer the pistol grip...you're there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's what I did and I love it. I love the guide gun but I've always been a big fan of the pistol grip

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You could always switch it back if you don't like it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I always thought that the pistol grip stock was a better fit for me than a straight stock. Not a big fan of the large loop lever, but I think most like it better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heck yeah! Have at it. I have three pistol gripped 336s and a straight gripped 444P and 1895G. I like both types. Show the pics when it's finished!

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Hey bruiser! You should PM turbobug and get him to take a pic of the full length mag tube that is on one of his guide guns.....it is EXTREMELY good looking!! I even thought about trying to buy it from him....but he doesn't let go of his Marlins too easily! Which I understand perfectly! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
A guide gun with a full length mag and pistol grip sounds pretty darn good to me! I can do without the big loop, but might get use to it. lol

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
12 to 1... Here we go!

I should have some final pictures tomorrow. I'll lose the light before I am done tonight :(

-Bob

Reactions: fishkat

·
Registered
209 Posts
Having one of each would be the way to go.. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well here you go :)

The front half

The back half

And the big picture

I am really happy with the way it turned out. Some of you might remember when I refinished the stock set a few months back and how I had to fit the pad that I thought would match right up.

I am planning on hitting up a few gun stores in Albuquerque in a few weeks in hopes of finding some 350 ammo so I can try it out :)

Thanks for all the comments and for reading my post,
-Bob

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Change out the loop and leave the straight stock.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all. It just fells "right" when I shoulder it now and it is amazing how the sights line up at exactly where I am looking!

-Bob

·
Registered
839 Posts
Am I the first to notice the lumber? Peel back that MarShield and you'll have a pin up model. I've never itched for a guide gun, but I've not seen too many PG versions. Let the mental debate begin!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts