Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to lever Marlins and just purchased my first a 1895G. Is the trigger suppose to have some play in them?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Yup! Often referred to as the "Marlin Flop" trigger. Personally, I like the replace them with the Wild West Guns very awsome trigger. Easy to do and a marked improvement..............though you can save a lot of money and go to the stickies and learn how to do a trigger job yourself. Either way, the improvement is super.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm not a fan of the infamous "tigger flop", but I love the Marlin lever guns. I personally find the flop annoying, the WWG triggers are a great choice. It will run you approx $80 for a WWG trigger.

Some of the Marlins can also have a heavy pull, the WWG triggers will lighten up the pull, providing an approx 3.5 to 4 lbs pull. You will be amazed how that will improve your off-hand shooting.

I hear they are relatively easy to install, personally I take mine to a local gun smith that charges me $20 to install it for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Winchesters with a rebounding hammer have an automatic hammer block operated by the two-piece trigger, an excellent and redundant safety feature. The trigger has a long first stage, but it's spring loaded, not loose and floppy like an OEM Marlin trigger. The Marlin trigger is loose and in two pieces to accommodate the trigger block when the lever is open. The sear half of the Winchester trigger is locked when the lever is open, just like the Marlin.

The WWG trigger (Happy Trigger) has a spring between the two trigger parts to take up the slack, and a bushing to hold them together. It is also much more finely crafted, via EDM, for a lighter, creep-free pull. The stock Marlin trigger breaks between 6 and 6-1/2 pounds, not always smoothly. The WWG trigger breaks cleanly at 3 to 3-1/4 pounds, without lightening the main spring. I've installed three so far, and not looking back.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I hear they are relatively easy to install, personally I take mine to a local gun smith that charges me $20 to install it for me.
If you can take your rifle apart to clean it, you are more than capable of installing the replacement trigger from WWG.

The WWG trugger (Happy Trigger) has a spring between the two trigger parts to take up the slack, and a bushing to hold them together. It is also much more finely crafted, via EDM, for a lighter, creep-free pull. The stock Marlin trigger breaks between 6 and 6-1/2 pounds, not always smoothly. The WWG trigger breaks cleanly at 3 to 3-1/4 pounds, without lightening the main spring. I've installed three so far, and not looking back.
Yup, super easy to install and will definitely improve your groups...........if trigger pull is causing them to be too large. Can't recommend them enough. I used to do trigger jobs for $$ and can slick a trigger that's almost as good, and most couldn't tell the difference, so unless I just want a project for a cold winter night, I wouldn't waste my time. In my opinion, the WWG replacement trigger is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts