Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I intend to put a curved grip and stock on my 1895. I have been looking for a trigger plate for the conversion to no avail. I did however notice that a lot of the stocks that I found online are listed as for the 1895 or the 336. I know that the 1895 is based on the 336, but I don't know if their tolerances or dimensions are the same. I ask because I have a guy willing to sell me a 336 trigger plate for a good price. Are the parts compatible?

·
Super Moderator
15,739 Posts
Welcome from Alabama...

I just measured the width of the trigger plates on my 336 and 1895. They are both the same width. .748"... They are not apart so I cant measure anything else... Maybe he'll let you try it out if he's local...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This particular gentleman is not... But I feel like it's cheap enough to where I could take the loss... I don't know if I really want to burn any amount of money though. Thanks for the measurement!

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
336 or 1895, the trigger plate will work. What you need to watch for is the lever. Levers for an 1895 have a slot cut across the right side at end that goes into the bolt. Some later 336 levers will have it, including those for the 308ME and 338ME. The upper picture is without and the lower picture has it.

-Bob

Lever no groove.jpg
Lever with groove.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Even with that slotcut, they still work correctly, at least it did when I swapped out the lever on my '58 SC - I later swapped it back, but purely for a nostalgic reason. My son in law converted my curved floorplate to a straight floorplate and reshaped the finger lever to boot. Just swapped the buttstock from a '72 1895.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,687 Posts
Hello all. I intend to put a curved grip and stock on my 1895. I have been looking for a trigger plate for the conversion to no avail. I did however notice that a lot of the stocks that I found online are listed as for the 1895 or the 336. I know that the 1895 is based on the 336, but I don't know if their tolerances or dimensions are the same. I ask because I have a guy willing to sell me a 336 trigger plate for a good price. Are the parts compatible?
OpossumParty.........

Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum.............

Re: your question...........YES!.............The 1895 and 336 Trigger Guard Plates are COMPLETELY interchangeable.........Go forth, and find what you seek.......No worries, but you WILL need a curved 1895 Lever with a cartridge clearance cut.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts