Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me where to find the medium and high folding rear sight leaf for the Marlin 1895? Just got off the phone with Marlin and they don't offer them for sale anymore according to the gentleman I spoke with.

I've got the shortest front sight I could find installed and the rifle still hits four inches low at 100 yards.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Chui

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Got mine off EBay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't find them at Midway or Numrich. Brownells has them but wants almost $8.00 shipping. I thought that was a little high for a part that would fit in a small envelope. I keep checking ebay but can't tell if the sights on there are low, med, or high.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
man, i just got them directly from marlin/remington a couple of months ago. the guy that answered the phone knew exactly what i was talking about, and i got the medium and high ones. shipped quickly, worked perfectly. i think i would call back and maybe talk to someone else. good luck!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
i actually am pretty sure i still have the little bags they came in, and they have the part numbers on them. if you want the numbers, i will try to find them!

ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
the part numbers are F406274, and F406290, and they were about 6 bucks apiece. i am pretty sure the F406274 is the tallest one, but i changed them back and forth a couple of times, and they may have got switched up. the phone number on my invoice from remington is 1-800-243-9700.

·
Registered
545 Posts
no to hijack the thread but my 1895 is hitting about 3" low at 100yds with the rear sight maxed out, should I replace the front with shorter sight or just add the taller rear leaf?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
no to hijack the thread but my 1895 is hitting about 3" low at 100yds with the rear sight maxed out, should I replace the front with shorter sight or just add the taller rear leaf?
It's more expensive (?), but easier to change the front sight. Check Skinner's website and use their formula for calculating the front sight height. And browse their front sights too. They are the only front sights I use. And the brass ones can add a little bling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a million tinytree. I'll try that number Monday morning and see what happens. I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again tinytree. When I called the number you gave me they knew just what I needed.
The first time I called the number listed for Marlin parts and the gentleman I spoke with didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. He finally just told me they don't offer those sight leaf options any more.
Anyway, I wanted to thank you again for saving the day.:congrats:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts