Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is going on with the production of the 1895 GBL or any 1895 model at that? I placed an order back in January and still have not heard of the rifle coming in anytime soon. Is this because they are actually looking into the problems they have been having and are trying to fix them or they just stopped production to catch up on the rifles that have been sent back because of problems? Anyone with an idea please let me know, I'm going crazy not knowing a damn thing? I just want some idea of the time I got left to wait before I get this baby in my hands!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in somewhat the same spot but I got a call a couple of weeks ago that there was a rifle with my name on it at Davidsons, did I want it? Poor wording I thought. I wanted it plenty but no money after a month of house and car repairs. On another forum a friend just poicked up a GBL from the same source at about the same time. So, they are out there, I put my order around late Nov of 2110 FWIW.

God luck with the hunt.

Omplete left: Does anyone have an idea how many of the 1895 and 336 are made each year? Just curious and I have not seen it published anywhere so far.

Stay Safe
Gordon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so 2011 productions are on their way out of the factory and making their way to gun shops. I did call the dealer and they had informed they have 2 coming in and are expected to be there by the end of the month and one of them has my name on it! This was awesome news to get so I'm just hoping everything goes smooth and its here a few days before fishing season opens, so I can get some rounds through it!

Thanks gbk, nice to know I'm not the only one in this situation!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got an email yesterday and my GBL is on it's way, should be here early next week sometime can't wait! They told me in the email they looked it over and hand inspected it and everything looked good to them. So when it gets here I'll be sure to post how my inspection goes and hopefully get some pics on here for some of yah all. Let's just hope this is a start of some new improvements made to the production of these rifles!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was in the local gun store today and they had 2 1895GS both built by Remington I look over both over them really well and cycled the action over all the seemed like nice rifles wood to metal fit was as good as my 2007 marlin guide gun the only thing I could see that was at all a miss was the checkering seems to be cut or burned in with a laser instead of how marlin use to do it with a stamp or press checkering was deep and sharp but did have some dark edges. Honestly if I did not already have a 1895GS I see no reason why I would not buy one of the ones I saw. I still prefer a Connecticut made marlin but if Remington starts producing guns like these two I believe I will be buying a new marlin

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I waited all week for my GBL to come in and for 4 days it sat at a canada post office(they seem to enjoy taking their time). Finally Friday it moved to Montreal, so tommorow is looking like it will be the day I will finally get my hands on this little pocket cannon. Pics and quality of rifle will be posted so ya all can get an idea as to how the new production quality is looking!

-Nova

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
looks to me like you got a 2009 series if Im not mistaken. probably a leftover from the old plant. does it have the rep on the right side or the jm on the left? As long as you like it then it doesn't matter where its from.But it would be cool if you got one of the last ones built at the old plant. glad to here a happy new gun owner is out there I thought they were extinct. enjoy it

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well thats a good sign that you got a remington produced rifle that is good. Maybe the ship has been corrected. I have an sbl on order and I hope I get a good one like you did. enjoy it

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Nice! I really like the looks of the brown laminate compared to the grey & black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah I almost ordered the SBL but I preferred the wood look aswell Six! I said I can always throw the xs ghost sights on it whenever I find a company that will ship them to Canada (keeps popping up as restricted items), also the gun matches my knife. From what I got here I dont see an issue with purchasing a new Marlin!

Does anyone know of a company that will ship the xs sights to Canada?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good looking rifle Novascotiahunter, I to have gotten the new Marlin with the REP stamp on it. Mine is the 1895 model though, but fit and finish is perfect and cycles the rounds well. Now to slap on a scope and fire her at the range to complete the 3 out of 3 test. If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll post some...

novascotiahunter said:
It does have the REP stamp on the right.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
canuck said:
If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll post some...

Here's a couple ways you can post a pic

The 1st way is using a photo host, I like to use Photobucket

1. Upload the photo to your computer and save them in My Documents / My Pictures

2. You need a photo host. http://photobucket.com/ Its free!

3. Once you have an account at a photo host and the picture loaded in your pc you click on choose file by the Upload Images & Video box in Photobucket

4. Find your picture and doubleclick it

5. Photobucket will promt you name the photo with a title and then save the file

6. Once you've saved the photo in your Photobucket album run your mouse over the the photo in your album that you want to post and you'll see under the picture are some codes. its the bottom code labelled "IMG", left click on it so it highlights (blue)
and then right click on it with your mouse and choose "copy" then go to the reply post here at MO's and right click again and choose "paste" and your IMG code which will show up as a your photo when viewed. I like this better than the next way, but that's just me and you may find it easier to just upload straight from your PC.

The next way is straight from your PC.
click on reply just like you've been doing to reply to a post and to the bottom left of the reply box where you type you'll see "Additional Options"
click it and then you'll see Attach: and a Browse button to the right of the attach box. Click Browse and it normally is already at "My Pictures" if not click the arrow and find "My Documents" and then
"My Pictures" and then your picture you want to upload. Double click on that picture and you'll see it load in the "Attach" box below and then just click post

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Hey Canuck, that looks like my rifle you got there. Is that a Leupold VXIII 1.75-6x32?? If it is it's my rifle's twin!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts