Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just scored one this weekend, really nice except for one thing. Mag tube, rusted spots and scratched pretty bad in one spot. The rest of her is like new and I see parts in Brownells. It has 24"barrel and mag tube is 23" to rec. face. Straight 95" with 22" barrel would be short, I have no problem cutting one to proper length.
If I am thinking right, the Cowboy has 26" barrel with full mag. Brownells shows 1895 and 1895 CB, nothing but part #'s. Question- does anybody have a CB in their life that mag tube could easily be measured to confirm? I would rather not deal with Marlington if I can avoid. Thanks, Gtek

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
I'm sure someone will be along with some measurments for you. If you cut down a cowboy tube you have to cut the end at the top of the barrel and make new holes for the mag tube hanger. The other end of the tube has a bulge on one side so the big 45-70 rounds will easily enter the tube through the reciever. This end should not be cut. You will see it when you take it apart, but then maybe you knew this allready.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Gtek said:
Just scored one this weekend, really nice except for one thing. Mag tube, rusted spots and scratched pretty bad in one spot. The rest of her is like new and I see parts in Brownells. It has 24"barrel and mag tube is 23" to rec. face. Straight 95" with 22" barrel would be short, I have no problem cutting one to proper length.
If I am thinking right, the Cowboy has 26" barrel with full mag. Brownells shows 1895 and 1895 CB, nothing but part #'s. Question- does anybody have a CB in their life that mag tube could easily be measured to confirm? I would rather not deal with Marlington if I can avoid. Thanks, Gtek
Gtek,

Buy the 1895CB mag tube, and plan on having the muzzle end cut to the length of your existing tube, and the two holes re-drilled. OR, have the original re-finished and re-blued...........Either way, its and easy fix on a now very rare rifle.

Tom

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all, confirmed my thoughts. Gtek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts