Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I made an account just for this reason.
I cannot, for the life of me, remove the magazine tube from my rifle.
I've managed to pull it off enough that the cap and spring and sprung out, but I can't pull the tube up and out, or forward and out.
Help?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey all, I made an account just for this reason.
I cannot, for the life of me, remove the magazine tube from my rifle.
I've managed to pull it off enough that the cap and spring and sprung out, but I can't pull the tube up and out, or forward and out.
Help?
About 3.55 in on this video, it shows the removal. This might help. I have never tried to take mine out of my Guide Gun ever since I've had it. I didn't find the need.

·
Super Moderator
15,734 Posts
You have to remove the forearm... Especially the 1895 tube which has a bulge in it and has to be turned and slid out after the forearm is off... It won't come out the way the video shows... Also the fore arm can get stuck if the Marshield was even a little tacky when it was assembled...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
AllGone don't feel bad. I tried taking mine off of my SBL. I couldn't get it either. Still haven't. Will try again following Scorpiusb's instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to remove the forearm... Especially the 1895 tube which has a bulge in it and has to be turned and slid out after the forearm is off... It won't come out the way the video shows... Also the fore arm can get stuck if the Marshield was even a little tacky when it was assembled...
If you're talking about the forearm band that was screwed on top of the wood, that came off too. It slid off when I had the barrel pulled up enough but it's still there. I couldn't get it off so I just moved it up and slid everything back in place where it needed to be, so I'm back where I started except I haven't put the screws back in.
This whole experience has kind of pushed me away from Marlin rifles, especially since the owners manual just says "take it to a professional, I won't even tell you how to clean it".

·
Super Moderator
15,734 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,734 Posts
Also, some pics I took for getting a stuck fore arm off...

First make sure you have the magtube end cap screw all the way out... Put a piece of blue painters tape over the cap and fasten to the tube... This keeps the cap and spring from going into orbit when you pull it away from the barrel... Next take out the barrel band screw or both endcap screws and slide the barrel band off or slide the encap up off of the wood...

100_3607.JPG

Place your thumbs holding up the endcap and pushing against the barrel and your fingers pushing on the fore arm you can apply enough pressure to move the fore arm and mag tube away from the barrel...

100_3608.JPG

100_3609.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, some pics I took for getting a stuck fore arm off...

First make sure you have the magtube end cap screw all the way out... Put a piece of blue painters tape over the cap and fasten to the tube... This keeps the cap and spring from going into orbit when you pull it away from the barrel... Next take out the barrel band screw or both endcap screws and slide the barrel band off or slide the encap up off of the wood...

Place your thumbs holding up the endcap and pushing against the barrel and your fingers pushing on the fore arm you can apply enough pressure to move the fore arm and mag tube away from the barrel...
Thank you for the pictures Scorpusb, I've decided I'm not going to remove the magazine tube. I couldn't remove it with two people.
And now the barrel band won't screw back into place, so I've got that going for me. The holes won't line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts