Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 1895 gbl. I noticed on the front left of the barrel strap the screw is sideways, cross threaded. Had my brother in law check it out he was able to clean up the threads but I need new screws. Where could I get these? I've checked brownells and midway but I'm not sure of the part name.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Try contacting Remington, explain your situation and they just may send you a new screw. Are the threads in the barrel band messed up too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help. My brother in law cleaned up the threads on the barrel strap. But I will contact Remington and see if I can get them to send a new barrel strap and screws. It was the only flaw I have found so far, gun shoots great. I think the bluing is really thin though it scratches super easy, none of my other firearms scratch this easy.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Definitely go after Remmy to replace both parts, it is their fault and they should make it right. eh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.