Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up one of these a week ago and my first impression of it was favorable. It was a secondhand gun that probably had not seen 20 rounds through it and looked like brand new. By the date code on the barrel looks like it was made in 2016 and I soon found out it would jam if it was not held almost perfectly level. Tilt it a little left or right it would lock up. Took a lot of fitting between the lever and the locking bolt to get it to function right. Looks like as of 2016 a Remlin was still a kit gun.I like the rifle as far as the concept of the 18.5 inch octagon barrel and straight stock but was not happy to have to work it over to make it work right. Did they just slap these together with no hand fitting or function check at all?

·
Banned
345 Posts
My 45/70 1895 CBA is a summer of 2016 rifle. I did disasemble, clean and polish a few parts before firing. But then I disasemble and clean every gun before use. It has now fired many hundreds of rounds, without a hint of failure.

IMO, I don't call these kit guns, because I do have plenty of kit guns that can require little to immense amounts of work to complete. I wouldn't say the parts are as refined as something I'd buy for an AR-15 either. Example, the bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.