Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I'm new here, looking for buying my first lever rifle from Marlin. Have anyone ever online purchased a 1895 CB from Sail? How is their service? Have been looking for a 1895 CB 26'' Octagon for weeks. It seem Sail is the only guy who have stock online. Or I can get it from anywhere else(online)? Thank you so much for providing information. Hope you guys have a fabulous day :elefant:

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
If your up in Canadia eh your stuck with who you can get one from.
I would not buy if you do not have an inspection period and a right to reject the rifle.
I am going to assume from that specific of a rifle you know what to look for in the defects that can and will leave the factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your up in Canadia eh your stuck with who you can get one from.
I would not buy if you do not have an inspection period and a right to reject the rifle.
I am going to assume from that specific of a rifle you know what to look for in the defects that can and will leave the factory.
Thank you man! That helps a lot. I will reconsider my choice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I completely agree and strongly recommend buying a new Marlin only after you have physically inspected the rifle yourself.

It took many months and visits to my local gun stores before I found the best of the bunch a 1895 Trapper from Sail Oshawa. Their display model was ok until I found a nasty deep scratch near the tip of the feed tube and asked to inspect a bnib 1895 Trapper and was satisfied with it and purchased it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
AT the cowboy match on 17 March SAIL in Cambridge Ontario had TWO Marlin 357 C around 800 plus priced. Dude who checked them out sayed they could be OK.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A Friend of mine just bought a 1895 cowboy from sail in Quebec , it was manufactured in feb 2019 according to the letters on the left side of the barrel, LN . the gun is made real nice , barrel octagon edges is cut real nice no rounded edges, bluing is more like my jm model, not polished too much thus matched the receiver real good. wood to metal fit is not 100% but pretty close, wood is dark not a lot of figure . action is not bad for a brand new rifle with no cycling yet. trigger is a bit heavy. sights on strait. don't seem to have the marsheild finish of my JM 1895 cowboy , thus wood looks a little porous, will need something put on to keep the elements out? no shots through it yet so will have wait and see how it shoots.
Anyone looking for a 1895 cowboy ,if this one is any indication the new ones are real nice and i wouldn't mind putting one in my safe along side of my JM 1895 cowboy. might think about a new CBA ?
alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts