Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these fitted to my Cowboy 45/70 to the factory length of pull, and I would like to trade +$40 for an unaltered buttstock in like new condition. This puts me out $40 for the pad and installation, but at this point I don't care. The reason for this trade/sale is that upon installing a Marble's tang sight, the factory length of pull allows the tang sight to hit my eyebrow. If there is anyone who will not use a tang sight with their Cowboy and would like a new buttstock with a fitted recoil pad, please let me know and we can work out the details. Found this site from castboolit.gunloads.com and really like it. By the way, my rifle has exactly 19 rounds down the tube and is always in a soft case. Let me know where to email pics if wanted. Thanks a million!

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic of my rifle with Limbsaver.

Thanks for looking!

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price update

OK. Trade plus $25. I'm getting desperate here. Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
272 Posts
My goodness,what a sad state of affairs..You might save your deal by doing something about the length yourself..You can buy rubber slip on pads that would lengthen the pull and then cover the rear end of the whole thing with a leather sleeve such as buck skin or Elk hide.Makes for a darn nice looking outfit as many of the old timers used the same look on their buttstocks..If you want it to be a permanent fix,just add a spacer between the pad and the stock,and again add the leather permantly..I hope you can use one of these ideas.........modoc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have thought about that. I'm thinking that it would make a nice project for me to do during the winter. Thanks again for reminding me; I'll have to stop by my local shoe shop and see if they have some leather for sale.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Kevin -
Try these guys - we used to have a local shop a few years back - had all kinds of leathers......

http://www.tandyleather.com/

Shum8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts