Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lever addict said:
Very sharp! 8) What did the smith do?
Full length mag tube,big loop lever,cleaned up action,ghost ring rear sight-correct height fiber optic front sight,glass-bed the stock,installed Limbsaver recoil pad

·
Registered
613 Posts
jonran,
Great lookin rifle! Welcome to Marlin Owners. :) ;) :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm going to have to throw some money to Levergun myself. Love his work! ;D
Very nice gun, you must be proud! 8)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Looks great! I hope you had other fine rifles to busy you during the wait.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sweet!

I had an 1895SS set up almost exactly like that (but with a standard lever and Ashley sights) as my bear rifle for the first few years I lived in Alaska. I loved it. Took a bunch of grouse with it, too (.410 shell)

Had to sell it because of some $ issues, but I'd do it again, only with a straight grip and a Skinner Tactical rear site this time.

Mario

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
jonran, that is one great looking outfit. I never thought much of the leather on the butt stock but after seeing yours, I really would consider one.

riflerick

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome 8)

·
Registered
268 Posts
One question I got with that leather I see on folks stocks, is there any chance of damage to the stock after being on the gun after a long period of time? It's been something I've always wanted on my rifles, but always worried that maybe it might hurt the stocks finish after a while. Set me straight fellas. ;D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am awaiting almost the exact same work. I sent my 1895 to Brockman's for a full mag tube & recoil pad, and I look forward to its return. Not much shooting during winter in Maine, but as the days get longer my excitement is building. Yours look wicked nice.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
riflerick said:
jonran, that is one great looking outfit. I never thought much of the leather on the butt stock but after seeing yours, I really would consider one.

riflerick
I was feeling the same way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blakk said:
One question I got with that leather I see on folks stocks, is there any chance of damage to the stock after being on the gun after a long period of time? It's been something I've always wanted on my rifles, but always worried that maybe it might hurt the stocks finish after a while. Set me straight fellas. ;D
Before I put the leather on my stock-I rubbed some Minwax rub on poly with a piece of cloth over the original Marlin finish for added protection-I also did the same with the foregrip so that the furniture would match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts