Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Or is buds gun shop teasing me??? ???

·
Registered
849 Posts
I called Marlington a few weeks ago.

I was told they are due for a 2nd quarter release and to start looking for them in gun shops in April.

I hope they are.......................I want a pair of 1894CSBL's.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's good to hear. I was pretty dead set on shooting an antelope with my 1894P, but if these make it out in time, that plan may get put on the back burner. The only issue being that the P will give me 1.5" groups with leverevolution ammo. Just gonna have to hope they make it out and shoot. Fingers are crossed.

SM

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Those things only have a 16.25" barrel. Way too short for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1895Gunner said:
That one is a new release for 2011 and shows up in my Marlin 2011 catalog on page 13. I'm guessing they should be available anytime now.
Sweet. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I sure hope so, I have a killer set of carved Circassian Walnut pistol grip stocks with a brass crescent butt plate and forend cap just waiting to be mounted onto one of these. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
I sure hope so, I have a killer set of carved Circassian Walnut pistol grip stocks with a brass crescent butt plate and forend cap just waiting to be mounted onto one of these. 8)
WOW! 8)

·
Registered
549 Posts
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
oops, forgot the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Holy Moly!
Where'd you score those from?
VERY nice.

;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I really lucked out on GB awhile back. The forend and cap are set up for an octagon barrel so I took the chance that it would work on my current 16" octagonal barreled STBL project, but it won't fit. Although the forend is the correct length, it won't slide over the 45/70 mag tube, plus there isn't enough wood in the forend to remove for the mag tube bulge that the 45/70 requires. It looks like the 1894SBL is the perfect candidate now, especially with a saddle ring! I'll have to adapt the cap to a round barrel or have another one plated to match. In either case that should be one sweet looking little carbine!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
I hadn't heard about the 1894CSBL, I may have to sell off a few heirlooms to snag one................IF the quality makes it worth having. That's a big if, from what I'm hearing. :p

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well, PJ - I'll let you know. I'm anxiously waiting for a couple to become 'available' at my gun shop. This is like the old Heinz ketchup commercial - ANTICIPATION!

When they finally show up, I'm going to run some dummy rounds through them and give them a THOROUGH inspection. That will include a full tear down.

I'm really hoping April sometime.

My son is squirming in his skin - one is gonna be for him (with a Ruger GP100 to match).

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
450 Sniper said:
My son is squirming in his skin - one is gonna be for him (with a Ruger GP100 to match).
For both of us, DAD?! ;D

Jon

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
450 Sniper said:
Well, PJ - I'll let you know. I'm anxiously waiting for a couple to become 'available' at my gun shop. This is like the old Heinz ketchup commercial - ANTICIPATION!

When they finally show up, I'm going to run some dummy rounds through them and give them a THOROUGH inspection. That will include a full tear down.

I'm really hoping April sometime.

Dad is that you? it has been to long...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Now the both of you know that Dad has always liked me best. ;D

·
Registered
849 Posts
!?!DAD!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA! ;D

My Uncle used to buy his son rifles for Christmas. I was 10 and I will NEVER forget him opening a brand spankin' new Marlin 30/30 one year.
I was SO jealous!

I'm pretty cool about getting my son his own collection going.

I'm too damn stingy to lend him any of mine!
8)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome to MO, Copperhead!

They only list the stainless version on pages 12-13 of the 2011 catalog.

I imagine sales will drive future production runs and styles.

If they pull it off quality wise, I think they hit it out of the park with those two! (They should REALLY add a 45 Colt to the line up)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts