Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a very good (90-95%) condition 1894S chambered in .41 magnum today. I've been looking for one for quite some time.
What is the going price on these?
The shop was asking $350 for it with a Williams peep sight on it.
The peep only used the 2 screws on top of the receiver.
Any input would be appreciated.
WFR

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd still haggle for it but it is a fair price considering its relative rarity and the peep sight being on it. If the guy still won't budge on the price, I'd buy it for that price since you probably won't see it again if you pass and come back later to see if its still there.

You can get replacement screws for the receiver holes if the peep sight bothers you and you want to return the rifle to original condition.

You've been looking for a while? I looked for about 5 years for the one I have. Buy it now or you'll still be looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd snap that one up in a second, if it were I. I had two of them and a guy wanted the one I had which was in 99%, but with no receiver sight, just the standard factory sight. I sold it to him for $425 and he was pleased to get it.

No, my other 1894S .41 Mag., in about 90% with a Williams 5D receiver sight, is not for sale!

Good luck.

L.W.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd snap that one up in a second, if it were I. I had two of them and a guy wanted the one I had which was in 99%, but with no receiver sight, just the standard factory sight. I sold it to him for $425 and he was pleased to get it.

No, my other 1894S .41 Mag., in about 90% with a Williams 5D receiver sight, is not for sale!

Good luck.

L.W.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Now that I can sign in as me, I may call the guy this week and see if he still has it. It's in a small shop that does not get a lot of traffic.
How accurate can I expect this to be?
Will it be better with jacketed rounds?
Will it chamber a Federal Cast Core and Winchester 250gr round?
Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My brother has the hots for one, if you don't buy it let me know where it is...

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I'd gladly pay that amount for one, with or without the receiver sight. Snag it before it's too late!

Papajohn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts