Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the rifle side is still closed for repairs so the distance is only about 35 paces but I had to shoot the new 44 :D .
load data on the target for my handloads and also shot some pmc factory 240 thru her also.
very smooth action nice trigger and I see a reciever sight would be perfect.recoil with the ports is almost nil(compared to a 45/70 :D ) but to be sure LOUD! she barks..
pete

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Pete,
It sure looks like that load will work. You should fire that little baby up and get a couple targets for the Ranch Dog Postal match.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,the brown truck is coming tomorrow with 500 of those 240 gr bullets so I am going to wait and see how they shoot.
pete

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm drooling over that nice 4" blue M 29, too ! ! ! That's one very Sweet pair you have there, you lucky dog ! ! !

·
Registered
335 Posts
txpete,
The 1894P is one of a few guns that I'd never trade off. I use the Cast Performance 320 gr. loads and they sure work great on deer. Do you plan on hunting with yours?
BTW, Still love that flag!
Don

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to use the 1894 for my deer rifle this year.just got back from vacation so now have to start working up some loads with those 240 gr sp's :D.
pete

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Gonna be picking up one of those 1894's (44mag) soon. I'm thinking 240 jhp's (w/18.7gr of 2400). Let me know how you make out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts