Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rifle has had 58 rounds fired thru it. It has seized on ejecting the fired case and the carrier is locked in place by the next round coming out of the magazine. Has happened 8 times in 58 rounds. Remove the lever, slide the bolt back and free the round jammed against the face of the carrier. Reassemble and proceed to next "jam". I have an 80's 94C and a 99 or so 94 in 44, never had a jam in either. I've read the stickies on the jams and haven't found one describing what I have going on. I've got it torn down for inspection but I don't see diddly that indicated anything. Help; please.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is happening to me with a saddle ring in .44mag, though I'm using dummy rounds. I pushed the round coming out of the magazine back in(after I got the 'upper' round out), repeat. Functions fine as a single shot at least.:biggrin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gate is fine. I completely disassembled the receiver, then set the carrier back in place on the pivot screw and was able to duplicate the jam by inserting a case into the magazine and letting it come against the carrier. The carrier has enough side to side play and the mag tube is large enough to allow the case to bind when entering the carrier. Not sure what I'm looking at here, more study and observation is required. I think I'll pull down my 44 and compare component fit in each receiver. Puzzling and aggrivating.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've played with a cartridge in the tube and the carrier mounted on it's pivot screw and the locking bolt in place. The carrier does not stay centered over the cartridge head and the tube has enough side to side clearance to allow the cartridge rim to enter the carrier at a slight angle, this binds the carrier. "JAM"!!!!!!! The carrier can move side to side also, when the two sloppy actions coincide; "JAM"!!!! I looked, looked again; looked some more; decided that the carrier was the easiest to eliminate the movement from. I put a 4MM wave washer on the side of the carrier that allowed the most off center movement, reassembled the gun. Loaded the magazine tube and cycled repeatedly; holding the gun in different positions. Seems to work, no jams. I'll field test it when the weather clears.

Reactions: Charlie98

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, Guesser, I believe you are describing the same problem I'm having with my FG. Looks like the next round in the magazine may be blocking the carrier from coming up and is locking up the lever. did your fix work out for you? looking for a 4mm wave washer to attempt your fix. Can you describe a bit more how you installed the wave washer. I'm assuming you put it on the screw on the side that caused the most movement?
I appreciate any advice you can give me on this aggravating problem. Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the washer on the right side of the carrier, the loading port side. yes it works well. I've since put about 125 rounds thru it without a failure. I tried it with several different numbers of round in the magazine. Just to put different spring tension on the feeding round. It works well. I really didn't want to have to modify anything, and by adding the wave washer it keeps it all original.

Reactions: bassetman1974
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.