Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 1894DL!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price was high, $875.00 including shipping, but I need it to help complete my collection of the various revisions and versions of the Marlin model 1894 in 44 Mag. I am still looking for a 1894PG and a Cowboy 2. That should complete the collection except for the specials made for Davidson's.What a suprise, I thought that I would never find the DL because they are so rare.

Coyote 222

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Those guns are way over priced relative to the standard version. I've looked at both the 1894DL and the 336DL and they aren't worth the difference between the regular version and the DL version. In and of itself, $875 isn't obscenely high, it's just high for what you are getting over a standard version.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys.
I live in NJ and the gun is in VA. I am waiting for my bank to transfer money from savings to checking account, then I can send a check to VA and have the gun shipped to a dealer in NJ. When I finally receive the rifle, I will post a picture of it and also one of my small 1894 - 44MAG. collection I have one caliber variation, a 1894CL (32-20) which is a hoot to shoot!

Coyote222

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Fellow wants a DL, I don't see the problem. Folks had similar to say when I paid just over $500 for my 1894D CCL new ten years ago. I wanted it, it was my money and I haven't regretted it a bit. If I'd have listened to those jaybirds, yall'd be calling 308 Willy or similar. Not saying that I'd have bought a DL either as I'm not a fan of either the 44 Mag or 30-30. If they made one in 44-40 or 357 or 35 Rem, I'd be looking harder at them.

I don't believe in faulting anyone over their choice of a gun.

Forgot to add to not forget to add pictures when it comes in.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hey- that's a good deal. Getting parts and pieces together to round a collection is fun and challenging. Money is usually the hard part- its finding what you need to make your collection complete- or complete to you.

Believe me- I have a collection- its incomplete. I have paid to much and even too little. I keep pluggin away at it. There is one variant out there that I really want. Finding it has been the challenge. Someday it will happen.

Congrats on the acquisition. That sure sounds like a fun collection- shootable, functional, good looking...

Of course, we would all like to see the pix and then turn green with envy.

M

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
COYOTE222 said:
I just bought a new 1894DL!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price was high, $875.00 including shipping, but I need it to help complete my collection of the various revisions and versions of the Marlin model 1894 in 44 Mag. I am still looking for a 1894PG and a Cowboy 2. That should complete the collection except for the specials made for Davidson's.What a suprise, I thought that I would never find the DL because they are so rare.

Coyote 222
I looked at and held one a couple of months ago at a shop. It had the most beautiful wood I had ever held on a Marlin rifle. I say held because the guys on this site have posted pics of some awsome wood too, but this was breath taking to hold and drool over.

Same price too.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
still no pics of this beauty?! boooooo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts