Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a model 1894DL for sale recently?

I bought one about 4 years ago and it has been a safe queen ever since. I have all paper work and plastic case it came with. Original shipping sleeve from Marlin too.

It is a JM and not remlin. It was built on july 3, 2010.

Just trying to get an idea on price because I might sell it to fund something else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
A local gun shop had one a few months ago. New in box, did not have the cardboard sleeve but did have the correct case. He was asking $750, it sat there for a long time, I posted the name of the shop and the number as I was hoping someone from this site would buy it. I don't know if it sold or not but it's no longer in the shop.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Got mine for a grand give or take... that was last year...have seen them go on gunbroker for almost twice that...

And I wouldn't get rid of mine for twice what I paid!! Good luck either way!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Looks like gunbroker might be the route I take with this one if I decide to sell.

They only made 200 and about half were JMs. Might just put it away and sell another Marlin. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Probably a good idea, depending on the cost of your other project. That DL is likely to continue to increase in value even if Remington figures out how to make perfect rifles someday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts