Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, well now its time to get a proper sights on my new 1894CSS!

With that said, here is a confusing question regarding the stock marlin front sight:

The stock front sight is a ramp but has the hood around it.

If I order the ramped skinner sight to replace the stock sight with hood, will I be able to put the hood around it? Does the hood even come off of the stock sight? This is all assuming that the front skinner sight does not come with a hood...

Bottom line, I like the hood.

Any chance of the good doctor making a hood in stainless to go around his ramped sights?

Sorry if this is an odd question...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Re: 1894CSS stock front sight hood and Skinner front site

The receiver sight will probably work with your stock front sight. There is a 40% chance that you will need a bit taller one. Usually taller means about .020 which will still fit under the hood. I don't see a stainless hood in the picture for a while.

The current front sight is dovetailed into the ramp. You have to remove the hood to R&R the front sight. Be careful when you take the hood off. I usually pull it off towards the muzzle and when it slips out of its detent I catch my finger on the front sight and cut it.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts

Thanks. They will be in the mail tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

WOW - SUPER FAST SHIPPING - 2 days to New York!!!

Received today and its just wonderful - hit the range and I'm really a happy customer! Was shooting a few inches low at 50 yards - a few twists of the peep and I was good to go - very nice system.

The sight looks like it was a part of the rifle - just gorgeous.

Thank you so much Doc!

Best regards,
-Harry R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts