Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed a 1894CCL in 41 MAg on gunbroker today. Ran the thing up to $575 I think and layed off. ended up selling for $675 I believe :shock: Gun was used with a nice dent in the side of the barrel , no box and a scratch on the stock :eek: Did these Cowboy style 41's have Ballard rifleing ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kinda have a hankering to lay my hands on one of these. Would be nice if they were ballard rifled then I could be more confident with cast bullets.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I am not sure if there ballard rifling. I bought the set of 1894 ss ltd and the .41 is the only one with microgroove. The fg is microgroove and that was after marlin went to ballard. It looks like the .41 has not been available with ballard rifling. Karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 1894FG and mine is micro also. Thats why I was wondering about the 1894CCL . If I can lay my hands on one at some point I will want to shoot cast bullets in it :wink:

·
Registered
311 Posts
6 PT SIKA,
I have a 41 CCL. The rifling is MG. This great little rifle is a joy to shoot with 215gr. swc(.411) and Trail Boss powder. I have tried the Federal Castcore 250gr. and they were accurate (1"@50yd). I don't know if those bullets are available as a component; seems like a nice pill for game.

MUZZLEDUSTER :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MUZZLEDUSTER said:
6 PT SIKA,
I have a 41 CCL. The rifling is MG. This great little rifle is a joy to shoot with 215gr. swc(.411) and Trail Boss powder. I have tried the Federal Castcore 250gr. and they were accurate (1"@50yd). I don't know if those bullets are available as a component; seems like a nice pill for game.

MUZZLEDUSTER :D
Thanks for the info. You are getting good results with micro groove. Thats good to know. When and if I lay my hands on a 1894CCL in 41. Heck I might even try cast in my 1894FG 8)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got one I've been thinking of selling. It has the box & papers & is close to new. I only shot it for Ranch Dog's postal match a couple of years back.
I'd be willing to part with it for what I paid $650 + shipping & insurance.
E-mail me if you are interested & want some photos.

Jim

PS: It wasn't new when I got it but you couldn't tell it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just wondering what the CCL model is, I thought the marlin .41 was only offered in the CL designation, and heard it is being discontinued. Any info-thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
981tman said:
Just wondering what the CCL model is, I thought the marlin .41 was only offered in the CL designation, and heard it is being discontinued. Any info-thanks.
The 1894CCL was a speciel run made for Davidson's . CCL means Cowboy Carbine Limited . In 41 mag they made 1001 . In 32-20 I think it was also 1001.
There was also an 1894CC made which was the same thing in 44-40 , but only 325 of these were made.
All three of these guns have 20" octagon barrels and full length mags.And NO barrel bands . :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Glad you like it. Now go shoot that thing - it's been a safe queen too long.

There were only 501 of the 32-20 made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jim.e said:
Glad you like it. Now go shoot that thing - it's been a safe queen too long.

There were only 501 of the 32-20 made.

It will get shot . Got a box of 210 grain Sierra's a box of Hornady 210XTP's and have a box of 210 Noslers on order. Also picked up two old boxes of Sierra 220 grain silhouette bullets .
Next thing to do will be to invest in a new mold :wink: That RCBS plain base mold looks like what I need :!:

·
Registered
1 Posts
CCL45

I recently acquired a 1894CCL in 45 Colt. This one has a 20" barrell. Anyone know what the numbers were for that model ? Mine is #12X. I bought it new in the box with lock and hammer spur but no manual. Any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Somehow i missed this thread. I shot my CCL with a 245 SWC and TRail Boss yesterday, what a hoot! I didnt shoot any groups at any distance but they shot well at close range. Will be doing some group shooting with it soon though. Seems the mg works fine with this combo. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to get some more of those boolits cast up so i can get back out with this gun. I want to get some trigger time with it as i would like to venture out woodchuck hunting with it this summer. Got way too many projects going. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts