Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
6pt-sika said:
Have a NIB 1894CB in 44-40 on the way to me, should be here in a couple days i hope :!:
Does that rifle have the forarm band, or the forend cap?

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the cap. Its just like the 357 and 44 cowboys that you can buy now. Accept it has a 24" barrel and the stock is checkered .

·
Registered
455 Posts
6pt-sika said:
It has the cap. Its just like the 357 and 44 cowboys that you can buy now. Accept it has a 24" barrel and the stock is checkered .
I have one of the Marlin CNLTD rifles in 44-40. But, I would also like to have one like yours, to use as a every day shooter.

If you don't mind looking, could please tell me the exact model of your rifle. The reason is, is that I have seen a Marlin 1894, in 44-40, with a round barrel and the barrel band forend. I would rather have the 24" octagonal barreled model, with the forend cap.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stillwater , the one I've bought is a 1894 Cowboy or Cowboy II . It was made from 97-99. It has 24" octagon barrel , checkered stock , full length mag and forend cap. The round barrel version is a 1894S I believe. They had 20" round barrels and barrel bands. They also made a speciel run of 325 Cowboy Carbines for Davidsons in 2000 , these rifles were octagon barreled 20" , with full mag , forend cap and uncheckered. One of those would be nice to have also :wink: The one I've bought is just like yours but without the engraving or as much figure in the wood . I've looked at a couple like yours but have yet to get one. I can't just have it and not shoot it :? And they are a little to expensive for an every day shooter :!:

·
Registered
455 Posts
6pt-sika said:
<snip>

The one I've bought is just like yours but without the engraving or as much figure in the wood . I've looked at a couple like yours but have yet to get one. I can't just have it and not shoot it :? And they are a little to expensive for an every day shooter :!:
Guns America had two yesterday.

I paid $1195.00 for mine. I really like the rifle, however, everytime I think about shooting it, I pick it up, wipe it down, put it back and then get one of the others.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called the people I got the 44-40 from yesterday. They had put it on FED EX monday so I should have it tommorrow or friday :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got off work this morning sick as a dog(flu). 44-40 is at dealers, will have to see if I can get out tommorrow and pick it up .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4 Eyed Buck ,the darn rifle is 4 miles away and I haven't felt well enough to get out of the house to go pick it up. :cry: But thanks :!:

·
Registered
335 Posts
6pt, know how that is. That stuff can really knock the stuffing out of you. Just got over a bout myself, dang kids on the bus decided to share this time..........Buck 8) :roll: :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Four-Eyed Buck said:
6pt, know how that is. That stuff can really knock the stuffing out of you. Just got over a bout myself, dang kids on the bus decided to share this time..........Buck 8) :roll: :shock:

Had a dose of this crap , no pun intended in December and now another. Normally I get a bad cold in the spring and in the fall and thats it :? So much for what I used to :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked up the 44-40 today. Man was I happy, the gun was definitly NIB . The cartons they packed the guns in when this was new were stapled shut and this one was still stapled. Popped the box open , and the 44-40 still had heavy grease on the outside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts