Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just purchased a new 1894CB .45 with smooth wood. I would like to convert/exchange for checkered wood.Would any one know which P/N's from Marlin would be checkered replacements for the smooth?
Thanks, Patch

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Midway sells a self checkering kit you could do your own.. or I am sure Marlin would sell you a set. you could change out and still keep the origionals if you wanted..

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Just put the word out that you'd like to trade. There are those who would like to have the smooth wood.

Papalote

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think some of the eirlier cowboy models had checkered stocks. Maybe marlin has some replacements still in stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, I contacted Marlin as you folks suggested. A very helpful rep helped me order up buttstock and foregrip w/ checkered wood. Price was resonable as well. Thanks for the help and different ideas.
Thanks, Patch

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, Just finished my conversion to checkered wood,I think the rifle looks great. Now I am a really happy Marlin owner.
Thanks for all the help, Patch

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, Was happy with rifle as factory made it, now with the new wood and addition of an aperture sight it makes for me, a very nice rifle. Thanks for your input from "downunder".
Regards, Patch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts