Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a nice 1894C (with cross-bolt safety). The gun came to me with Hi-Viz sights (both rear - see pic) and front.

Were these offered by Marlin as standard sights? The rear one is pretty cheezy...

Just thought I'd ask.

If I wanted original factory type sights for this gun (s/n 962052xx)...where would you suggest I look...?? Brownells, Numrich, Marlin?

I may just buy a peep sight....my older eyes like them real well....the one on my Mountie is fantastic.

By the way....can anyone point me to where I can verify the gun's date of manufacture?

Thank you.

Bob

·
Registered
603 Posts
could be mistaken, but i believe that's an '04.
numrich had the original rear sight for 27.95
they also have tang peep sights by marble, for quite a bit more.

·
Registered
489 Posts
vonfatman said:
If I wanted original factory type sights for this gun (s/n 962052xx)...where would you suggest I look...?? Brownells, Numrich, Marlin?

I may just buy a peep sight....my older eyes like them real well....the one on my Mountie is fantastic.

By the way....can anyone point me to where I can verify the gun's date of manufacture?

Year of manufacture figures from first two digits of the serial number, call them XY. If that is small use 2000-XY and if big, use 2100-XY. For what you gave, 2100-96 = 2004.

I would pick the peep as well: Marble's, Skinner's or William's. They shouldn't be hard to find, especially not Skinner's as they advertise here on Marlin Owners as well as support it AND provide great service.

A pointer to one source would be right here in the reference forum. Check out this link:
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,495.0.html
There are a lot of very useful threads in that forum besides this one, and more than this one
have guides to the year of manufacture information.

Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts