Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 1894C last year for Cowboy Action and loved it. Super accurate and fired without a glitch.

I shoot RNFP 158gr 38spl. I don't shoot much and there are less than 200 rounds through it.

Last weekend it started acting up. The first time I cocked it, the rim of the next incoming shell slipped over the front of the carrier and jamed it up tight. I suspected the dreaded Marlin jam outlined on this site:
http://www.marauder.homestead.com/files/Marlin94Fix.html

There is a notch on the carrier similar to the one in the picture on that site.

Now it jams when feeding rounds every time. The rounds get hung up about 1/4 inch into the chamber. Jiggling the lever usually gets the round chambered.

It went from a fine little gun to a fine little problem. Not sure what to do now. I live north of the 49th parallel which complicates matters somewhat.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I would call Marlin and explain the problem to them and see what they say. 1-800-544-8892

·
Registered
124 Posts
Howdy Outlaw!
Did you ever get that 1894C running right?

I had the problem with the hitch when the cartridge was partially into the chamber, and solved mine by polishing the extractor and the bolt face to remove any rough edges. It feeds smoothly now! Best of luck with yours.

Ringo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did!! Took it to a local smith and he did something to the extractor and now she works fine. Thanks for askin pard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts