Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off I'd like to say hello, as a newbie to this site and Marlin lever rifles.
I did inherit a 1946 336 30-30 from my father which I passed to my son when became interested in hunting. since then as his interest grew I decided this would be a great hobby for us to share. this led to the purchase a 1894c 357 for him and a 44 mag limited with octagon barrel for myself. both date as 09 rifles and near as we can determine are Marlin Marlins and both shoot awesome to date (90 rounds through the 44 and about 300 through the 357) I do have a concern with the 44 as the lever is quite stiff as it is starts off and also as it's closed. I have yet to strip it down and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this ???

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I'd start with giving the action a good cleaning just to make sure there isn't any bits of metal left over from machining floating around in there. It happens sometimes. Then, I'd just work the action for a few hundred times or so to start it on getting broke in. If it's not any better, then I'd start looking elsewhere.

Oops, almost forgot.... Welcome to Marlin Owners!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome and quick reply 44-40 Willy

yeah i guess i just needed some confirmation, a local shop has a pretty decent smithing kit so i should pony up and get to work.

thanks wclogr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts