Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a Skinner peep sight for my 1981 vintage 357 mag 1894c. I need some advice as to if the factory front sight will work or if I need to order one of Skinner's replacement sights, which would be the best height to buy. I would also appreciate any recommendations on if there is another front sight I should consider....I don't like the XS style thick front sight or the type where the bead is so huge (relative to your target) that it blocks out too much and accuracy suffers.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you like the front sight you currently have it will work fine with the Skinner rear sight. Williams and Marble's make lots of different front sights and you have the option of a gold bead, an ivory bead, red or green Firesights, etc. As far as height goes it depends on what type of shooting you plan to do, but generally I would stay close to the factory height. Check with Brownell's or Midway USA for sights.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Send an email to Skinner Sights and ask them the same question. They are very knowledgeable and will give you all the help you need. He will be able to recommend a replacement front sight height. If you don't like the idea of a post front sight, and prefer a bead, Marbles sells them. Keep in mind you might want to add 0.03" for the bead to adjust for it's radius.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts