Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this puppy out on the range. She shoots about 2" high at 25 yards and dead on elevation at 50 yards. Problem is windage. At 50 yards I'm 3" left of aimpoint. Should I drive the front sight to the left in it's dovetail, or is there an easy way to adjust for windage.
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Drift the rear sight in the direction you want the shot to go. The front sight and ramp are considerably more fragile than the rear.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Do as imashooter2 says its always better to drift the rear sight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Next time I go to the range, I'll take a plastic mallet with me and tap the rear sight base to the right. It shoots tight groups, I've just got to get on 'zero'. Its a great little carbine.

FYI, my 17 year old daughter loves the darn thing. She'd rather shoot that than a .22. If I give her a couple of boxes of ammo, she'll ventilate targets till she runs out of ammo.

Jim H

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
If you have trouble getting to the sight base with the mallet, a piece of fired brass makes an expedient drift punch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like your daughter and my wife would get along well. My wife loves my (oops, wait, "our") 1894C.

I'd get her one of her own if I could get a good deal on one. Is it just me, or are 1894Cs getting scarce?

G

·
I was looking for a used '94C awhile back but could not find one. Seems all stores didn't have a new one in stock but could get one in a couple of days. If I remember right, the price was $350 + tax. It was the 18 1/2" barrel with ballard rifling. I can't get this off my mind as I've had a 6" .357 revolver for years and have loads of ammo that was mostly handloaded back in the '90's (mag and spl). I'm afraid I'm weak and can't resist much longer. I have a M94S in .44 and the spls shoot as well as the mags do. I guess it's the same for the 38 caliber. BM

Bill

PS: With my eyesight, I use a scope on most rifles and I suppose the '94C would be just like the '94S.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Moose_Maximus said:
Sounds like your daughter and my wife would get along well. My wife loves my (oops, wait, "our") 1894C.

I'd get her one of her own if I could get a good deal on one. Is it just me, or are 1894Cs getting scarce?
IIRC, the Big 5 Sporting Goods chain runs a special every month or so with new 1894CH's for less than $300. The only difference from the C is they use a smooth hardwood stock in lieu of the checkered walnut.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlueMoon,
My 1894C functions perfectly with .38 Spl. The wall thickness of the barrel is greater than my old 'micro-groove'.44 mag. Low recoil, tight groups, and smooth trigger pull. Cal .38 Spl target wadcutters fire through it like a .22. It makes a fine companion to my old Ruger 'Security Six' revolver.
Have fun,
Jim H

·
Registered
125 Posts
imashooter2, thanks for the tip. There aren't any Big 5 stores in my immediate area, but I was traveling across the state and found one--and sure enough, they had an 1894C. And sure enough, it was on sale for $299. And sure enough, it followed me home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts