Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had time to get back to the range again. I bought a 1978 model 1894 last December and shot it again yesterday. I shot all reloaded ammo and everything worked out fine. My old eyes aren't what they used to be so I put a 4X Simmons scope on it that I had laying around here. I bought a Bushnell Laser Boresighter and it got the scope within 1/2" on the bullseye. I made a few small adjustments and I was right in where I wanted to be. I'm going to load up a couple different loads and get back to the range and test it again. I'm very happy with my purchase and after shooting the new loads I should be "good to go".

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
Those are great little rifles, Congratulations! Mine is a twin to that one, but maybe a 1980? (can't recall) However, I haven't found any handload that shoots any better the Winchester White Box 240 gr JSP. Let us know what you settle on, and I might try my hand at it as well. Good Luck, Have Fun and Be Safe!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice long gun! I got one of them (1977) and a 1894C (1980). Both shooters like yours. Mine LOVE Winchester White Box, especially the .44.

Reactions: turbobug

·
Registered
856 Posts
Don’t know why it replaced my ”8” with a funny face....Tried to edit but it wouldn’t accept. Oh well...

Reactions: Vooch

·
Super Moderator
7,081 Posts
the date 1978 without adding ( ) - 1978

the date 1978 with ( ) - (1978)

the date 1978 with ( ) and adding a space between the "8" and the ")" - (1978 )

try that

jd

Reactions: bkg1956

·
Registered
856 Posts
the date 1978 without adding ( ) - 1978

the date 1978 with ( ) - (1978)

the date 1978 with ( ) and adding a space between the "8" and the ")" - (1978 )

try that

jd
Thanks JD! I had the wrong date of manufacture anyways!

Reactions: mr surveyor

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice looking 1894 you have there! Also picked up a 1978 vintage 1894 in 44 last year. Thus far I have not been able to shoot it to the level of accuracy of the 1894 in 44 Mag I owned in the late 1980s. View attachment 709386
Beautiful. I believe the wood from that era of manufacture was some of the most beautiful “plain” wood Marlin ever used. Every 1894 from that era seems to have exceptional grain...not elaborate but very nice grain.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I don't have one of those, Mine is SS and another in CB LTD and one 336-44.
How does your 336-44 function? I’ve never seen one. I know they had some loading issues with the short cartridge and longer action. Love to see a pic of that one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.