Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
$1000 is not bad. In 2012, I paid more than that for a JM NIB 1894CS and a JM NIB 1884CSS, because (1) I was afraid I’d never be able to get them again at any price, and (2) I could.

·
Registered
19,797 Posts
My 1894SS has a problem. Wherever the sights are pointed,the bullet hits. It's so darn accurate it's boring. Three weeks ago I sat down in the pasture,put my arm through the sling,and kept ringing the 6" steel plate at a hair over 75 yards. Iron sighted with the Dardas 200 grain .432" RNFP over 8.8 grains Unique,I ran out 40 rounds and missed maybe 5 or 6 times. Wasn't keeping track. Then I put some 240 grain Nosler JSP's with a full charge of IMR4227 on the plate and quit. It was like wasting ammo. No challenge.

A thousand bucks won't separate the old girl and I. That's not near enough. In fact,there is no price on Stainless. If the kids don't want it,I'm taking her into the casket with me. If you have a chance to buy one NIB for $1000,don't hesitate. I've seen some stupid high prices on gunbroker.com,up to $2000+. No matter what Rem/Marlin does,stainless prices will never go down. They are among the most accurate of the 1894 models.

Rob

Reactions: OLBIKER

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can anyone tell me the top dollar I should pay for a jm 1894 Stainless 44 mag?
Each case of Marlinitis is different. Only you know how much money it will take to treat your case and heal your body.

Take me for example. I purchased a '72 1894 44 Mag Octagon a few months back, and it was lonely in the safe and wanting company, so...I had to purchase a '02 1894SS 44 Mag just the other day to keep it company. Now they both claim they are lonely, and It still hasn't healed me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I was in the market for a very nice JM Stainless 44 mag I would pay $1000.
I no longer am because I just did pay $950. And I would have gone to $1000 no problem. What's another $50 at that point? lol...
But I gotta admit $1000 is a threshold number. You gotta be serious to go north of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.