Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
I have the same exact rifle, except mine has much nicer wood, same year, NIB, never fired, I will sell to somebody stupid enough, oh, I mean savvy enough to buy it for the same amount of money. I will even throw in free shipping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same exact rifle, except mine has much nicer wood, same year, NIB, never fired, I will sell to somebody stupid enough, oh, I mean savvy enough to buy it for the same amount of money. I will even throw in free shipping.
...followed by a swift self kick in the @ss a few days later after fully realizing that you sold that prized possession...:)

When dealing with Marlin lever guns there's no such thing as buyers remorse...only sellers remorse... (See sig below)

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Marlin (JM) doesn't make the 1894SS anymore, But Remington makes them with a REP stamped on the barrel. Really should be stamped RIP after what they did to the Marlin product line.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Too rich for my blood, I don't care what it is.

·
Banned
231 Posts
So I suppose the better question to ask would be: Does Remington still make the 1894 stainless version still?
I just received their 2014 product catalog in the mail, and it appears that the 1894ss is still not being produced, either is the 1894css, only the blued versions are being made, but that doesn't mean it wont be produced in the near future.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm just waiting for the 1894SBL and the CBSL to be made and I will pick up
at least one of each.
I saw an 1894SS for sale online but for that money I could buy a Rossi and
have it professionally slicked up and still have plenty of money left over.

I like the JM Marlins but not enough to pay twice their original cost.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
You are a giver!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just received their 2014 product catalog in the mail, and it appears that the 1894ss is still not being produced, either is the 1894css, only the blued versions are being made, but that doesn't mean it wont be produced in the near future.
Have you heard if Marlin...uh excuse me, Remington has announced that they plan to restart the stainless steel line?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts