Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been a while since i have been on here. I thought i would post some pics of my re-finished 1894 in 357mag. To start i rubbed the stock to bare wood, then tinted it with ebony wood stain; dark enough to change the colour but light enough to be able to see the grain, then coated with a marine grade spray varnish. Fitted the fore stock dual sided accesory rail, plus a normal accessory rail and Magpul AFG. Fitted a picatinny rail on top which to i mounted a Bushnell 4200 1.25x4 x28 Illuminated scope, i removed the existing open sights. The action is already pretty slick but wouldn't mind get a trigger kit for it. I am very happy with the way it came up, the AFG really makes the handling nice and the scope is awsome. Hope you like it. Cheers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks pretty good. In the shade the wood looks almost black.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I like those looks. Was that an inspired idea- or had you worked out a piece of wood like that before? It came out good.

With the accessory rails and all that, you have a unique blend of modern and classic. Thanks for sharing.

M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the tacticool look of rifles and had aRemington 7615 with all the bits, but i still loved the Marlin. So the pump got the flick and spent some dollars on the Marlin instead. I had seen a lever done like it before and liked the look. The wood work was guess work, i messed around with the tinting for about a week before i got it to a shade that i liked. As for the spray laquer that was just luck, it ended up with a bit of a orange peel effect which seems to help it not reflect light. Its certainly is dark in the shade but in the light the grain is easily seen. Thanks for the complements.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Man I like it.

I don't know what those rails are for, but the wood looks great. I prefer the uncheckered stocks but that won looks good. I have some older marlins that need some work. I have no idea how to start, nor the time.

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening all,

Could anyone give me advice on how one would go about fitting an accessory rail to a Marlin 1894CSS, so I can install a magpul AFG?
Many thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts