Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my 1894 at my homemade range today, and was happy with the results. Shot a 6 shot group at a lasered 100 yds with Federal American Eagle ammo. The first shot was high, but that was my fault. The next five grouped pretty well, and I thought I would share.

·
Registered
579 Posts
m-dawg - good to know your marlington can shoot isn't it?

here's some more good news - after 2k plus, my marlington - keeps shooting well. naysayers be damned...

I have also gotten good accuracy from ww white box - 38 bucks for a box of 50 these days at wally world.

have you done a complete/detailed disassembly and cleaning yet? you'll be surprised at how much better the trigger will feel!

don't forget the mag tube - it's scary how much preservative lives in there!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I once shot a consistent series of 1.5 inch, 5-shot groups from a bench, at 100 yards, using an older Marlin 1894 in .357 mag, with PPC 158 grain ammo, using a 4X Leupold scope and sand bags. letting the barrel cool 3 minutes between shots with the bolt open. I reported about this on another very popular gunboard, and everybody said I was a liar. They threw the "BS Flag."

Glad to see that others have shot similar groups.

Mannyrock

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice firearm, nice shooting, ​nice range!

Reactions: Da Duke
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.