Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come into a 1894 in 44 mag. It has a saddle ring.And it has a medallion in the stock that has {1870} and {1970} along with the marlin logo.I am assuming it is a centennial model.The rifle is about 90% over all.
Can anyone give me any info on this rifle?

·
Registered
125 Posts
What would you like to know? How many were made? Approximate value? Suitable for hunting?

Help us help you...

That being said, you've got yourself a nice rifle!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering how many of them were made? I just had never seen one like this.And was wondering what the prefix might be?It only has 1894 on the barrel.I think it was made in 1970 but the serial number starts out 70-xxx And there is no way that this gun was made in 1930. can anyone tell me if this might be a centennial model?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
All Marlins made in 1970 had that medallion in the stock. The 70XXX serial number is how Marlin marked the year of manufacture then. The present went into effect a few years later.

Hope this helps

Willy

·
Registered
5 Posts
44-40 Willy said:
All Marlins made in 1970 had that medallion in the stock. The 70XXX serial number is how Marlin marked the year of manufacture then. The present went into effect a few years later.

Hope this helps

Willy
Not all, mine with a 70xxx s/n doesn't have a medallion in the stock.

Slim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts