Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when sighting my PG in at 100yds I get four shots in two to three inches but the fifth is always five inches high don't know which shot in the group it is.any ideas what could be causing it?also how tight should I hold the lever should it pop open if I'am not holding it tight
Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wild Willy
Welcome aboard.The lever shouldn't pop open unless you open it.If it is popping open there is something wrong with it.You shouldn't have to hold the lever closed when shooting it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
wild willy said:
when sighting my PG in at 100yds I get four shots in two to three inches but the fifth is always five inches high don't know which shot in the group it is.any ideas what could be causing it?also how tight should I hold the lever should it pop open if I'am not holding it tight
Thanks
Willy,
Clean ammo and chamber should prevent backthrust on your bolt which causes the lever to open. Shooting a 'hot' load? As for your flyer, could be barrel warming up and binding on barrel bands, a notorious cause of inconsistencies.
Cheers,
R*2

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New gun cleaned it before shooting less than 50 rounds. loads well under max. how do I tell if barrel band causing problem.
Thanks Again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts