Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
View attachment 866947
View attachment 866946

So I got the 1894 16" barrel/micro groove.
All the sharp edges are still there. As though it just came from the factory. The barrel grooves are real nice and sharp.
I think this rifle has less than 500 rounds through it.
I definitely need to take this thing apart. Smooth the edges. Slick up the action. Replace the lever and make it easier to close and open/ feels a bit sticky.

Anyone have a good source for slicking up the 1894. How different internally is the 1894 design from the Glenfield 30A. The 30A is simple to take apart and put together.

What springs do I need to change.
I will remove that scope and try a prism dot sight.
Nice rifle, Great find. I was stupid enough to pass on a 357 in stainless a year or two ago. You don't need to get to crazy rounding off sharp edges. I take burrs off with an extra fine Arkansas sharpening stone and 600 grit or finer sandpaper. Be careful not to change the angle of any mating surfaces, you just need to smooth and polish things up.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Good choice.

I like the Rossi but had trouble with them and had a hard time getting parts from the factory.

Had two Rossi 92s that were made before Taurus bought them. Worked perfectly with any ammo. Would like to have them back.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I don't hear many good things about the Rossi's. They all seem to need some type of smith work to make them run!
I'll take a USA made Marlin over a Brazilian made Rossi. Although a model 92 is perhaps the best-looking lever ever made!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts