Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1894 "New Model" replacement sights

Greetings, fellow MarlinOwners...well, I contacted Marlin to get the replacement Ghost-Ring Sights set, one week ago. They arived yesterday and I installed the rear sight. I opted to switch the larger aperture with the smaller one and found it to be no small task; the factory/supplier tightened the windage screws sooo firmly making it very difficult to unloosen them. However, being someone with the patience of JOB (and some very colorful Anglo-Saxon English) I managed to accomplish my mission without marring, scratching or otherwise damaging the finish. It is a really nice fit...doesn't even look to be after-market. However...the front sight replacement would task Hercules himself. The front sight base was one-quarter inch too long; it extended that much over the front barrel/magazine band. I called MARLIN, explained the problem and after I gave them the serial number I was told that the front sight would NOT FIT...usual stuff, "send it back for a refund, etc." I decided to take matters into my own hands and after marling the offensive length of the sight base, V_E-R-Y C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y cut the "extra material via a DREMEL-TOOL...nothing fancy, just a straight blunt cut. NOW THE SIGHT FITS!! (HAPPY-HAPPY) I know that I could have reshaped the rear ramp taper, but I ain't THAT ANAL...It fits and NOW I CAN SEE (PRAISE THE LORD!!!) AHH..YANKEE INGENUITY PREVAILS!!! I think that I'll "PLAY" either, "COWBOYS AND MESTIZOS", or "COWBOYS AND POLITICIANS".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts