Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the takedown today and it is all complete except for tang screw. It also locks up good and has a great bore. Can't wait to take it to the range on Monday. MM93 looks, like I don't need the latch assembly for the takedown after all. Kind of neat the way it works. Going to Hillsville this weekend where they have a huge Flea Market and gunshow all over the whole town. Found several good Marlins there last year. Later, moodyholler

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone tighten up the takedown? How is it done? moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Unfortunately, the Marlin takedown system has no adjustment built into it. The lever was simply wedge shaped, and when it wore out, it was done. I repaired one years ago by removing the takedown lever, and building up the back side, where it didn't show, by welding. I then ground it down, leaving it slightly higher. It did the trick, and the takedown was tight.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MM93, my freind mocro TIG'ed the takedown lever today. Took about a hour to fit it and the barrel is now tight. Headspace is about .008" and I am going to leave it alone for now and try some light handloads in it. It has a heavy 24" barrel, same outside dims as my 44-40, and rear dovetail is way up the barel witha marbles folding rear and a Lyman "E" tang and marbles sheard front. Bore is bright and shiny, so I hope it is a shooter. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Sounds like you got her! Should make a great little gun for you, and maybe even a deer getter! Let me know how she shoots!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to shoot it today and it shoots well no excessive headspace and all. Very pleasant little rifle. WIll post pics this week. I have clean the house paint spater off of it before pictures. moodyholler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts